Jan 5, 2016

Am I Who I Say I Am?

There is a speaker from Women of Faith (Charlotte Gambill) that I love and she was on a show yesterday promoting her new book and she said a few things that stuck with me.  I have been thinking about my goals for 2016 and we all know my goal of competing this year as far as my working out and fitness stuff but the most important ones I think are spiritual goals.  

On Sunday the preacher asked if anyone was closer to the Lord this January than last and I was really proud to actually say yes!  Yes, I am.  I feel like this year I have grown so much in my faith and my daily walk with Christ.  I am far from perfect but I crave his word and his will for my life.  Prayer is a daily part of my life sometimes being in prayer on and off all day.  I want to be able to say next January that I am even closer than this year.  That is my main goal for 2016.  

Here are some questions and thoughts she had talked about when discussing a hard time that she had gone through with infertility.

As a preacher do I believe what I preach?  (I was thinking about how I blog and I guess some could say "preach" to you guys.  During difficult times can I go back read what I write and actually say I am following that preaching?  I hope so.  A goal for me is to ONLY preach or blog about what I believe!  I want to be as genuine and open as possible!)

As a believer do I believe what I say I believe?  My answer is YES.  Whole heartedly yes!  

Worshiper- Is my worship actually based on a truth that is deep inside of me or was I just singing words that someone else had written?   (I have grown to love praise and worship music and yes sometimes I guess I am just singing the words that someone else has written but I try to really get in tune with the Lord and let the words sink in.  I have had some of my best prayer time during praise and worship and I feel as if God has really spoken to me through songs before.  Another goal is to be introduced to new praise and worship songs that connect me to God through music!)

Prayer life-  Am I a prayer warrior or a worrier!  ( I have become a prayer warrior this year but I must admit that I am a worrier to.  I want to move past the worrying and and into the warrior because I do believe my God can do anything and He is always in control of my life!)  This is a big one for me to work on this year!  I tend to be a prayer warrior for others and a worrier for myself!  

Am I a women of faith or a women that just knows people of faith?  I would love to think that I am a women of faith but I admit sometimes my faith is the size of a mustard seed but thank God that He tells us that is all we need.  I am learning to have faith in Him that He is always the way, the truth and the life!  I pray that this year my faith grows to be bigger than I have ever imagined!  

I am so excited about 2016 and what it has in store for me and my family!  We are so blessed already and I pray that God uses me in a huge way to bless others however He sees fit!  






No comments: