Oct 28, 2015

My Results So Far.....

As most of you know I have been working out steadily for 10 months now and as of this morning have almost lost 50 lbs.  Almost!  (2 lbs to go....)

Never in a million years did I think I would be here today in this body!  I feel better than I have in a really long time....I mean REALLY long!  I can't remember the last time I had this much confidence in myself and in my capabilities.  I have learned that I can do so much more than I ever thought possible.  I have learned that age is really only a number if you take care of yourself and exercise and eat right.  To think that I had gone to my ob/gyn to ask him about weight loss surgeries only to hear him give me a lecture on doing it the hard way and not taking the risk that comes along with surgeries.  I left that day as low as one can get and weighing in at 230 lbs!  Yes, you read that right!  I almost passed out when I saw that number and realized what I had done to myself.

I had already joined the gym and had been going for a month.  Those were some hard weeks but after hearing what all my doc said I knew I couldn't give up!  My life depended on it.  I had to be the best I could be so I could be around a long time for my kids and not miss out on anymore of life!

Here is the good part.......this morning I weighed 182.....I am 5"9".  I now wear the same size that I did when I weighed 160-165 (8 years ago!) and was just thin and not working out.  My body has shaped up totally different from lifting weights and doing the cross training type workouts that I am doing.

The day I entered my gym my waist (across my belly button) measured 42 inches and this morning it measured 35!  That is 7 inches!!!

So there it is folks.....the number that I said  would go to my grave with and never tell...... but if it helps just one person know that you to can get up and get moving to feel and look better then I it was worth it!


So my new goal is to compete in the Battle on the Bay here in Corpus Christi on July 9th, 2016 in the bikini division for my age group and height!  I am excited to see the results of the hard work I will have to put in!

FACE to FACE...........no more chubby cheeks!

DECEMBER (230lbs)  to TODAY (182lbs)!  Time to start building that butt and rounding it out!!!

No comments: