Aug 10, 2015

Making Memories of Us.........Anniversary Week!

This week 21years ago I was preparing to become a bride.  I say bride because I really had no idea what it meant to be a wife but I knew how to be a bride!  I had the perfect makeup, the perfect hair, the perfect dress, no detail had been left undone!  The church was beautiful, the flowers amazing and all of our family and friends were there!
I know without a doubt that God brought us together and that we were meant to be husband and wife but I didn't have a clue what that meant.  What is a wife?


WIFE- A married women considered especially in relation to her spouse.
  synonyms- spouse, partner, life partner, mate, consort, woman, helpmate

Another definition was-  a women, especially an old or uneducated one.

I was the later definition.....and uneducated wife!  I had no idea what it meant to be a wife.  Much less a Biblical one.  I am talking about the one that I feel God is showing me today how to be.

I feel like a hypocrite as I have blogged on Biblical submission and given marriage advice and talked about putting God first in your life and probably led many of you to believe that I have it all right.

That WE live this perfect life.  Let me tell you that we don't.  We fail every day.  I fail every day at being the wife I know He created me to be.

I googled the Biblical definition of wife and it was long so I will summarize it!

Here are God's goals for wives........

1. The wife is to be discrete.  (Proverbs 31:10-12)

2.  The wife is to be chaste.  (This was and still is easy for me.  I only have eyes for my husband.  I think he is the best looking man in the world!  This vow is and always will be easy for me..

3.  The wife is to be the keeper of the home.  ( I have always kept a nicely decorated home and my husband has always loved that about me but in the early years it was a pig sty!)  I can say today and for many years I have kept a clean house....it may not always be perfectly straight but it's clean!)

I am embarrassed to say that it took me 20 years of marriage to learn the importance of cooking for your family each night.  That means a lot to my husband and as a stay at home mom that is my job. This is one thing that I really regret!  Moving to the country helped fix that though!

4.  The wife is to be spiritually minded.  Wives should give a picture of the church to the world.  If you respect your husband you respect the church!  If you don't then you show the world that Christ does not respect the church!

Husbands should give a picture of how Christ loves us.  If a husband deserts his wife he shows the world that Christ will desert us!

THAT is some big shoes to fill...........

We have had it so wrong for so long.

I am thanking the Lord tonight for his grace and mercy on us.  On our marriage!  I am thankful that he paid the price for our sins so long ago.  I am thankful that he is forgiving and keeps no record of wrongs.  I look forward to living out all he is teaching my hubby and me!

I will leave you with this song and video that my hubby dedicated to me on a trip to Colorado this summer.  It was spur of the moment and just me and him.  It was amazing.  Better than my honeymoon all those years ago.  Who would have thought that it would take me 21 years to fall in love with my husband the way that Christ really intended us to be in love.



One day I hope to share more with you guys but just know that God can heal anything and can restore anything.  He makes things new and he changes people for His glory and into His image!

My prayer is that one day people look at our marriage and see the Gospel of Christ.











No comments: