Apr 12, 2015

A Clean Slate.......

"I think that moving away to something foreign can strengthen your family's bond and your relationship with Christ.  A clean slate is a powerful thing."

That was what a sweet friend wrote to me this week in a message encouraging me after a rough couple of days.  She is such a sweet friend that I miss very much.  
I told her that I feel like I have changed in so many ways since moving here to the country.....to this simple life.

I started thinking about how she worded it and she is so right.  A clean slate.  Just what we got!  

I don't mean that we ran from anything or that I don't miss anyone but I know without a doubt that God brought us here so it made things somewhat easier.   For the last year we have really only had each other and our kids!  We spend lots of time just here at home preparing what we want to be a working farm really soon!   

Besides our first friend here (my life group leader) and her precious family I have been slowly making friends......starting with some of the most wonderful people at my little one's school.  Those are some amazing teachers and people that make that school run!  I have never had any reservations about putting them in public school.....in that school!  And for anyone that knows me knows that I have always had a huge fear of public school for my children.  I don't really know why......maybe it was because I was bullied really bad in high school but I was scared for them to be anywhere but our small private school that I knew inside and out!    

Then I have my gym friends!  I love all of the people I have met there.....they motivate me and cheer me on every day I am there.  I can't describe what that place has done for me!

I have met many people here that love the Lord just like I do.  They are good people here in my little town!  Big hearts and helping hearts.  There is not any comparison going on here......like who drives the best car, who has the best house, biggest house, most money, etc........ Everyone I have met here are what you see is what you get!  It has really humbled me.

For those that don't know I live smack dab in the middle of 52 acres and after I take my kids to school each morning it is dead quiet except the sounds of the birds and occasional cow mooing!  

Be still and know that I am God.........Psalm 46:10.  

I have had a LOT of quiet since coming here.  Lots of time for God to speak to me and change me.  Am I perfect?  Far from it and honestly it's been hard to hear some of what he has convicted me of.  Things I am not proud of......ways I am not proud of......judgements I have not been proud of.  The list really goes on!  
But the great thing is that when you ask for forgiveness and you truly repent of those things He wipes your slate clean!  A clean slate each day!  

It's hard to believe that we are coming up on one year of living here in our new little town and I wouldn't change anything but am so blessed that the Lord has changed me!  









No comments: