Mar 19, 2015

Mothers Need to Stick Together!

I was thinking about how is it that mother's started bashing each other and not sticking together.  When is it that we quit trying to learn from each other?  When did we stop taking God's word to heart?  I mean really to heart.  Like refraining from judgement!

I read something one day and wrote it down to read often............here it is.

Let's aspire to use our mouths with Godly purpose.

To build......not to break.
To bless......not to badger.
To encourage.....not to embitter.
To praise.....not to pounce. ~Karen Ehman

That is such great advice that I think we can all use!  As mom's we should be building each other up and trying to find the good in each other.  We all have strength and weaknesses that we can learn from each other.  
You never know what that mom might be going through.

I was in a restaurant here in my new little town about 6 months ago and a young lady came in with her, I think, 4 kids.  Maybe three.  I can't exactly remember but I know that my little ones knew one of the boys from school. He is a doll.  He' friendly, outgoing, all boy!!!  The mom smiled and went on to their table.  She looked tired.  She looked like she had come from work.  They were a wild bunch much like my own table can be and was being at the time and she looked stressed.  She snapped at one of the kids very loudly where the restaurant quietened and suddenly there was an awkward silence but thankfully it didn't last long and people went on about their business.  

My first instinct was to judge her in my mind!  I wanted to say "seriously?  Did you have to yell at him like that?  Aren't you embarrassed for yourself?"  THEN.....suddenly I looked at her and God convicted me!  I felt sorry for her.  I realized that I bet she was a single mom that had probably worked all day and was feeding her kids after a long day.  I felt compassion for her and I knew I was supposed to stop right there and pray for her.  And I did!  

I wish I would have been brave enough to actually go and pray with her but I wasn't!  It doesn't matter though because I know God hears any prayer!  
I prayed that God would instantly calm her nerves and I prayed that blessings be poured on her as God sees fit.  I prayed that whatever she was going through that he give her strength and courage and that she be kept safe and healthy.  I prayed for her kids too!

I have since seen her kids many times and they are HAPPY little things so instead of remembering her one little outburst, and believe me we as mothers have all had them, I choose to praise her because she may not be doing it all right but she didn't something right for them to be so happy!  



So I leave you with this.........

Part of my New Year's prayer this year was to have eyes that always see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God!  To do all of that I also need to reevaluate myself and what I think and say!  We need to remember that you can learn something good from just about anyone you meet in life especially mothers whether they are seasoned ones or a brand new one!  Whether they are single mothers or married ones.  Whether they are working mom's or stay at home mom's!  We all do the best we can!  
God loves each one of us!











No comments: