Jan 3, 2015

Fitness Training.......Meet Michael.......

This is Michael (the one with no shirt!)....my trainer and the one that is going to help me get healthy, strong and fit!!!  He's a really nice guy but he's tough....he pushes you beyond what you think you can do and he genuinely wants the best for you both fitness and health wise!  
He uses a military approach in order to build a fitness community based on respect, honor, discipline, and camaraderie. As a military veteran and former ranger, he has more than 15 years of experience in the fitness industry. His gym is called Clydesman Fitness in Kingsville, TX!


I keep asking myself why I didn't start this a LONG time ago?  Like when I was in high school and young and skinny and all the things that go along with youth!  I hope I can instill in Emily and my boys for that matter how important it is to be healthy and working out and staying active is a huge part of that!
Part of why I have never succeded is that I have never found a gym or workout that I really like doing.  This is so different that it keeps me interested and if you see the others that are in there that are beasts it pushes you to try to obtain that goal!

I don't even really know how to explain this gym.  I thought it was like cross fit but was told no it's not but all I know is that there are no machines, which I like that, and a lot of intimidating things and people!  I love it!

Do I love the workout?  Yes and no.  Some of it is really hard for me.  I mean REALLY HARD.  Things that seem to come so easy to others are not easy for me to do.  Like a pushup.  OMG!  Why are those so dang hard?  And a pull up.  FORGET IT!  Not gonna happen......not right now at least!  I want to do all of those things really bad.  I want to get to my goal really bad.  I don't want to be weak anymore.  I want to be strong and healthy!  I want to feel confident and I want to be able to do things!  Run, jump, squat down without hurting.....things that should not be hard!

The nutrition is the hardest part for me.  I have read a million times that nutrition is 80% of your results.  This is my week to begin that part!

I have set small goals so I don't put so much pressure on myself like I have done all my adult life!

I am thankful that God led me to Clydesman Fitness and Michael.  2015 is going to be a big year for me!  Stay tuned!!!!!





No comments: