Oct 14, 2014

How Our Lives Have Changed..........

Wow!  First let me say that God's plan is always so much better then our plans we make for ourselves!  If you would have told me 5-10 years ago that I would live on a farm way down in South Texas (or farm in the making right now!) I would have cracked up laughing!  Even though we have always said that we would love to live on land and anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE farmhouses!

I find myself everyday loving this life more and more.  It's a very simple life! (Not at all saying I have a perfect life.....just one that God seemed to slow down and simplify!)  There are no stores in my town....only the school, the post office, the Sheriff's office, the courthouse and a few other things.  It's all in a little tiny square!  It's very quiet and the people here are very nice!  Our town is surrounded by ranches.

I was thinking of little things that I used to never let go like pedicures, my eyebrows and my nails!!!  I haven't had a pedicure in a while.  I bought the stuff that they use and I do it myself in the shower most nights.  My eyebrows are getting a little unruly!  :)  My nails just get messed up from working outside and around this house!

We have always wanted a garden and now we have one!  It's huge!!!!  It is still in the very beginning stages but the rows are growing slowly but surely.  Marc and Mr. Jim prayed over it after finally getting it all like it is supposed to be!
The other day I smiled after Jesse said he had garden chores he needed to get done!  I don't know why that made me happy but it did!  He worked hard to help his dad pull weeds and plant new things!
My prayer is that our garden over flows with veggies that we can share with our little community!

The schools!  My little ones go to a VERY small public school.  I can't even put into words how I feel about that school and the teachers/principle that God brought into my kid's lives!  As Jesse's science teacher said "I don't know how you guys found Sarita but I am sure glad you did!"  I thought that was so sweet and I totally agree with her!

Noah goes to school about 20 minutes from here and he loves it.  He has just fit right in and made so many friends!  I am in awe of what God did for our kids.
Even Taylor has said he misses Sarita!
Noah has a bus that picks him up about five minutes up the road and Marc takes him to his stop on his way to work.  The littles go at 7:30 and we literally live 1 minute from the school.  They CHOSE to go to an after school program that they LOVE so sometimes I don't get them until 5:30!  They aren't real happy if I show up early!

COOKING!  I literally cook every night.  Even the weekends.  We had Burger King yesterday for lunch because the kids got out early but they have not had fast food in a long time!  People this is big for me!  I am proud of myself too!

We are all home and around the dinner table eating dinner by 6:30 at the latest each night!  Only thing missing is Taylor!

Date night-  This has really changed!  We don't have a babysitter so we have slowly allowed Noah to babysit for us so we never go further than 10-15 minutes from the house.  We go to an old restaurant called Kings Inn that is famous with South Texas hunters and fisherman!  We go look at Baffin Bay and have even planned our next date night which we will go fishing!  :)  No more fancy restaurants or unlimited choices.  I love it!  As long as we are together it doesn't matter where or what we do!

We went back home to Baytown this past weekend and while I loved seeing everyone and I miss my friends we couldn't wait to get HOME!  I don't miss that traffic.....I was a nervous wreck on 59!  I love our country roads and no traffic!

We got our tractor yesterday and so this weekend will begin the clean up of the acreage so that we can finally get chickens and eventually horses for the kids!  We are looking now for somewhere for them to start taking riding lessons.  Jesse says he wants to be a bull rider!  OMG!  He said he would settle for bull dogging though!  :)

I love this new life God decided to give us and wouldn't change a thing!  We are blessed!








No comments: