Mar 18, 2014

Bragging and Perfection!

Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.  Ecclesiastes 7:20

I sure am not perfect and never claim to be!  Far from it actually!  I fail everyday at many things but one thing I TRY to do, and it's not always easy, is to please Him.  I also find myself trying to please others all the time that I worry, have fear and even anxiety over it!  I try my best to remember that if I please Him then in turn I will please others....I hope!  

I received my first comment on my blog that was rather upsetting to me.  I realize that is life and everyone is not going to agree with me and that is fine but this is my blog, with my very strong opinions!  BUT...they are just that my opinions.  Never do I say I am perfect, or do everything right!   

I was told that I was "bragging" about my perfection in my last post about social media and a blog I choose to no longer read.  I am not sure how someone would get that I was bragging but if you are one of them then I am sorry if it came across that way.  Certainly NOT my intention!  My family and friends will be the first to tell you that I am not perfect, and I surely don't brag about being perfect!  How could I?  

I will brag that I serve an awesome God whose mercy and grace is new everyday for the ways that I do fail!  For that, heck yes I will brag about having!  

I will brag that anyone can read my blog and not have to worry about what they are going to put into their brain and they can watch videos on my blog with their child in their lap and not have to worry about me teaching them the S-word or worse!  I will brag that my blog is a safe place where I am just ME and I write about my family, faith and friends!  

Anyone that knows me and my husband knows that we have worked hard on our marriage to get where we are!  We trusted in Him when the world told us to divorce!  Would I brag about my marriage and how I get here today?  YES.....but I would not forget to tell everyone that we both failed many times and still do but I wouldn't change it for the world!  

I will brag that I have the best friends and family ever!  

One last brag......my kiddos are amazing and I strive, not that I am, but I strive to be THEIR perfect mom!  

I hope you all are enjoying this beautiful perfect weather day that we are having in my little corner of Texas!  

God Bless!!!!







1 comment:

Sarah said...

You keep bragging! :-)