Feb 9, 2014

Offer Accepted.......It's really happening!

A while back I was on the computer looking at house after house in Corpus and surrounding areas and on a side bar a farmhouse came up as a suggestion so I clicked on it.  WOW!  Dream house!  It was in Kingsville so I asked hubby how far that was from Corpus and he said about 40 minutes....not to bad!  A month or so passed and we remembered that house so we set up a time to "just go look" and what do you know WE FELL IN LOVE!  It's a 100 year old farmhouse on 52 acres right outside of Kingsville in a little town called Sarita. There are about four porches and five fireplaces inside!  Character galore!  There is a three car garage with 2 mother in laws guest quarters and about 5 other kinds of structures and barns!  So after about a month now of going back and forth we accepted their counter offer and hopefully if things go accordingly we will be the owners on March 31st!!!!!  The schools are very small and very good in this area so our boys will be going to public school for the first time.  They actually are very excited!  Jesse, Vensly and Emily's school is literally down the road from our house.  Noah's will be in another nearby town!  It is rated a 9 out of 10.
Sarita, Texas was named after Sarita Kennedy of the Kennedy family, which most hunters know as the Kennedy ranch.  This was supposedly her honeymoon house!  They say if the walls could talk you would be amazed.  They say there are even bullet holes in the floors!
We are also close to Baffin Bay which is some of the best fishing in Texas I am told!  That could have helped seal Marc's decision!

I want to remove the screened part of the porch that is showing to make it an open porch!


It needs some updating like paint and a whole lot of landscaping but that part is always fun for me!  I think it will keep me busy for a long time!
If you see below the round thing with dead greenery in it......I can just see that overflowing with pretty flowers!

The back of the house!  Again I will remove the screens where the greenery is but way over to the left will stay screened so I can do a sleeping porch!

This is part of the yard!  The red colored stuff is a HUGE bougainvillea!
This is the front of the house and a side.  My mom said the brick is where they used to pull their cars up to.  I can't see driving right up to the door! :)

I love this shot!!!  I can just imagine what the house will look like when most of the porches look this way without the screened in parts!

Now I just pray that surveys, appraisals, and all the rest of the paperwork and stuff you need to close gets done!!!!!  
If all goes well we will close March 31st!!!!!

Here is a youtube video with some other pictures of the house!!!!




4 comments:

renee said...

Wow!! That's awesome!! Do u get to keep any of the furnishings? Porch furniture or anything? ;)

Christy said...

Wow! That's amazing! I'm happy you found something. :) I'm sad it's really happening. :(

Hoots Momma said...

Fabuloso!! Love every inch! Will be awesome when you out your touches on it!

Erin said...

It's Beautiful!!