Nov 25, 2013

My Momma Heart!


This sums up my momma HEART to a tee!  I pray this for all my boys.....but I really hope I have done what I needed to do for my oldest boy!  We have officially decided that he will be moving to College Station for the 2014 school year.  I am so excited for him but so sad that he will leave us.  I have been with that boy almost every single day for the last 17 and a half years.  I FOR SURE have heard his voice every day of his life so far!  I almost can't bear the thought of not seeing him every day.  BUT.....that is life!  God is preparing him to be a man.....to be an employee.....to make a living......and eventually be a husband and father!  

I continue to ask myself and to worry about things like......who will make his food?  Who will clean up after him?  Who will wash his clothes and sheets?  Who will make sure he goes to bed at a decent hour?  The what if's and the who will's go on forever!  And God each time tells me....Taylor will.  He will have to!  It's time to grow up and to learn these things on his own.  This is how life works!  This is a stage in the life of a young man!  God also continues to tell me "Let Go and Let Me!"  I am working on that part.  

From Childhood Best Friends to College Room Mates! WOW!


I pray for these two boys!  They have been best friends for what seems like forever and will next be entering the real world together to prepare for their future!  I know they are going to do great things!  I am excited to see God will unfold for sure..........

Until then pray for me......this momma's heart is so sad sometimes and longs for the boy that was so hyper and so funny and so little!  Is it bad to ask for a do over of about ten years!  :)



2 comments:

Christy said...

Oh dang! I can't believe he'll be going away in the fall! I totally understand the desire for wanting to go back and do things over. Love you, sweet friend.

Erin said...

Gosh Lesley! This just made me cry!