Jun 26, 2013

Fishers of Men......

Did you know we are all called to be "Fishers of Men"?  What does that mean?  It means the Bible says that we are all to be actively seeking men or women that are not following Christ and telling them  about Him and what He can do for your life!  Everything we do should be for Him!

We are to put Christ above everything......our spouse, our children, our job.....nothing should come before Him.

Do we do that?  No.  Do I do that?  No.  I am trying to figure out how to do that!
We are told that if we "ask Jesus into our heart", walk the isle at church, fill out a card, etc.....that we are "Saved!"  There is NO WAY it is that easy!  NO WAY!  (IMO)
We can go to church every Sunday, help where needed, lead Bible Studies, but if we never REALLY get to know Him then how can we say we are a follower of Christ?
Think about what Christ did for us on the cross.  I mean REALLY think about the suffering and eventual death that he endured for YOU AND ME!  That is HUGE!  How can we not want to know everything about Him!  I mean everything!  How can we not read and study what He wants for each of us......how can we not go out and fish for men and tell them of this great God we have!?




That is a statement that has REALLY struck me!  I read it every day!  I want my life to intrigue others because then that would mean that I am truly following Christ!

My husband is a really hard worker and we are very blessed but lately I have felt like God is telling me that we are not supposed to use that money for "worldly" things, like cars, houses, fancy vacations, etc......we are to give it away!  I'm talking live on as little as possible and give away the rest!  How about give 90% and only live on 10%?

Think about all the lives we could change......all the people that could be given a second chance or get that help that they really need!

I am praying every day that The Lord show me and teach me how to be a "fisher of men" for Him.  I know it's not going to be easy and I know it's going to be uncomfortable at times but how could I not do that for the One that died for me and you!

God Bless!!!!!









No comments: