Feb 11, 2013

Proverbs 21:23

He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from troubles. Proverbs 21: 23

How true is that?  What if every time we were tempted to gossip this scripture popped into our head. 

WOW!  GOSSIP!  What a horrible word!  None of us like to think that is what we are doing but a lot of times we are.....especially women.  Me included!

Sometimes we are doing it and don't even really realize it or know it!  I have felt very convicted over this especially as I grow in my walk with Christ!  Gossip isn't just talking about someone bad.....there are lots of ways to gossip!  Sometimes you don't even have to say the words yourself.....just listening!

This is one sin that I want to no longer take part in so Lord from this day forward guard my mouth and my tongue and let only wholesome talk come out of my mouth.  Words that are uplifting and honor You!

Amen!

disclaimer: please don't judge me.....just being honest as probably just about every women could!




My precious girl who I need to set a good example for of what a Godly women should be!





1 comment:

Christy said...

Ouch! Can we just stick with the easy stuff please?! ;) Good reminder. Thanks, girl!