Jul 16, 2012

9 days and counting............

Until I get to see my hubby's sweet face and my baby boy's sweet face!  I still can't believe this is happening.  This week marks exactly two years since Marc met and fell in love with Vensly. 
It all started when I signed Marc and Taylor up to go to Haiti with the church for a father/son bonding trip!  Honestly, at the last minute I thought to myself "what have I done?  HAITI????"  "they couldn't bond at home???"  And to make a long story short the devil did everything he could to keep them from going but it didn't work!  They went!!!  Little did Marc know that this trip would change his life in SO many ways and make him become a daddy a fifth time!
This is the two of them right before boarding the bus to head to the airport from the church!
During that week I would talk to him about every other day and he would text me pictures.  This was one of the first pictures he texted to me! 

He told me that this little baby boy was 13 months old and only weighed 15lbs.  Emily was almost the same age and weighed in at about 25lbs!  He even videoed the well baby checkup and in that moment knew he was his son!  We talked about it, prayed about it and decided to pursue his adoption.  It was a huge leap of faith as he was very sick and weren't sure of how well he would ever be! 

FAST forward to today and a LOT of paperwork and waiting and patience and mostly prayer.....we can now say that in 9 days HE IS COMING HOME!!!
AND....he is a healthy, smart, funny, shy little boy that we love so very much!


Vensly Allen Maleus Estes!

1 comment:

Aleesa said...

Wow! I can't believe the time is here!! So excited for you guys. We will be praying for the team next week. So glad you are finally bringing your boy home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!