Nov 2, 2011

November 2nd- Thankful for......

My parents and my in-laws!

Let me start by saying that even though my parents got divorced when I was a little girl I am so thankful that they married in the first place! I am thankful for that short time together as a family. I am thankful for them giving me the best little brother ever! (all 6ft 4inches of him today!)

I am thankful to my mom for always taking care of my brother and I and for being the best mother she could on her own. She is the most honest, funny, loving, big hearted person I know. She is my best friend and a I cherish everyday I have with her. She has tought me what it means to be an independent woman and strength. I am thankful that she took us to church and taught me to love God.

I am thankful to my dad for always building my self esteem. He taught me modesty and security. I am thankful that he was always there for me when I needed him. He cleaned up many messes I created and some I actually didn't create! I am thankful for the MANY laughs we have shared in life and all the jingles and jokes. I am thankful that he taught me to never go to bed mad and never leave anyone you love without telling them. I am thankful that he taught me to be affectionate!

My mom and step dad!


I am thankful to my step dad for coming into our lives at the perfect time! I am thankful for all the many things he taught me....like turning off lights to save energy which in turn saves money! He taught me LOTS of money saving tips...sometimes the hard way!!LOL! He taught me to always smile because no matter what he is ALWAYS smiling! I am thankful that he loves my mother more than anything in this world. I am thankful that he takes such good care of her. I am thankful for him giving Marc his very first job that led to his career today!

My dad and step mom!


I am thankful for my step mom and for the way she has taken such good care of my dad during his fight with Cancer. I am thankful that he has her and she has him. She has taught me so much about decorating my home and making it a nice place for my family. She also taught me that you don't have to spend a lot of money to decorate nice....sometimes none at all! I am thankful for her creativity!

I am also thankful for my inlaws. I am thankful for them giving me their son. I am thankful for their example of a Christian marriage and for their NUMBEROUS prayers for us. I am thankful that my father in law is there when ever I need him for whatever reason and for fixing things without asking. I am thankful to my mother in law for her faith in God and for her countless hours or praying and teaching me about God. I am so thankful that they welcomed me into their family with open arms and love me like I am their daughter!

My mother and father in law!


Thank you God for all these people in my life.......You are an AWESOME GOD!

No comments: