Nov 16, 2011

November 16th.....Thankful for! (AND A RANT!)

After going to the dentist this morning and having to listen to the dental assistant talk...or I guess I should say "run her mouth!"....I am so thankful to everyone that has a heart for adoption and even those they may not but don't make STUPID comments!

(sorry...this may be more of a vent than a thankful post!)

So, I am laying in the chair with my mouth wide open while the dentist is working on my teeth and she said "Now that you can't really talk I am going to ask you some questions!" She first said...."I think it's good that you adopted but I couldn't do it....see when I get a dog it has to be a pretty one!" She then asked me "how much is it to buy a kid....do you get a loan? do you save up? What do you do?" She said..."If I saved up that much money I would rather take a trip to Hawaii or somewhere like that!" She then proceeded to tell me that "most adopted kids have lots of problems!"
All of this was said while I couldn't talk.....my heart was beating 90 to nothing! I was so offended and so angry that someone is that stupid to not only think that way but voice it to a mother of three adopted children that are ALL beautiful.

I was able to say that we can birth some ugly babies to and she then said "but they are yours so you don't think they are ugly"!!! WHAT??? Last time I checked ALL my children are MINE!!!

I am really thinking about writing a letter or something. I love the dentist but I don't care to ever talk to or see her again!

SO, I guess I should also say I am thankful that my whole face was numb and I wasn't able to speak at all!!!

Ugh......

7 comments:

Christy said...

WHAAAT?! Where is the hidden camera? This has to be one of those shows where something ridiculous happens and then they reveal you were punk'd or something. Wow, unbelievable!

Sabrina Bowen said...

Oh wow...I would have been speechless as well. It's amazing that there are so many people in the world today who are like that. And you are such the opposite, you and your family are such a inspiration to so many, please remember that when you hear such negativity. That God put yall in the position you're in because people like that really do exist out there. You and Marc are here to be those parents and teach your kids the right way so that your kids, BEAUTIFUL and ADOPTED will not end up with her horrible outlook on life. I would definitely write a letter, one to the doctor and even one to her.

Laura said...

I truly believe you should write the dentist about the incident that happened today. That is not okay on any level. Some people truly have no filter or tact and just do not understand how they are coming across to others. The dentist should be made aware so that something like this doesn't happen again. I would have not be able to continue with what was going on if that was said to me. I would say your patience is def. something to be thankful for.

Sara said...

WOW, is all I can say. She needs to take a long look in the mirror at herself. All children are beautiful! I'm so sorry Lesley.

Christy said...

Pleeeeease tell me which dentist so I can go by there and say something!
Kelvin

Karen said...

I'd definitely complain to the dentist because if she said those things to you, you know she has offended countless other patients as well! Her boss would love to know.

Kelli Going said...

I just don't understand people. Really???? I would love to adopt a little girl and if God had not given me my boys we would have adopted. IT's still on the table. I look at children all the time and think how beautiful they are. She doesn't deserve a dog, kids or anything in my opinion. She is VERY stupid and should keep her comments and opinions to herself. I would write her and the dentist.