Nov 1, 2011

Am I becoming a prude?

I have watched General Hospital for YEARS.....I mean like 20 years or something close and lately I am just over it! I have no desire to watch that stupid stuff anymore. I can't even believe that I have wasted an hour of my life each day for that long watching something that did nothing for me life!
I also am finding that other shows that I used to enjoy I don't anymore....so besides the shows like Gold Rush, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, stuff like that I am basically done with TV. Some shows that come on in the evening would have been rated R when I was kid and we have to many young kids running around here to watch that stuff anyway! Am I a prude? Maybe so. Oh well! (off my soap box now....)

4 comments:

The Coffey Family said...

Not a prude at all. I gave up my Guiding Light over 15 years ago!!! I know that Kazen and I do not even watch "R" rated movies and sometimes not even PG-13. There is not a movie that comes out that we do not check with www.christianspotlight.com to make sure it has a good Moral rating. I am absolutely amazed at what some parents let their children watch on TV and movies. Ask any of my close friends or family....I am the TV/movie goodie two shoes!!!

Had and Linds said...

Kill the TV! You only get so many minutes and hours and days in your life, invest them wisely. =)

Emily & Company said...

No you are not...TV has gotten so bad even us oldies can't stomach it....I think you are in good company on this...hopefully the networks will wise up someday when everyone cancels...Love you for who you are sweet girl...

Hoots Momma said...

I'm with Tina, we've pretty much given it up all together. we get more accomplished in the day time without the distraction and the evenings are so much better spent enjoying each other as a family rather than zoned out infront of the TV.