Oct 1, 2011

God is Everywhere....especially The Prairie!

There is so much I want to blog about from my trip to meet Rachel Ashwell and tour her new B&B but my "God Moment" of the day were the ladies from Dwell With Dignity. Before I tell you about my moment let me tell you what this is! (Please click on the word to take you to the site!)
This is Lisa and Kim and they are the founders of DWD.....




WHAT IS DWELL WITH DIGNITY?
Dwell with Dignity is a non-profit group of Interior Designers and volunteers dedicated to creating soothing, inspiring homes for families struggling with homelessness and poverty. We provide and install home interiors for families that include furnishings and art, bedding and kitchen supplies, and food in the pantry.



WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
Our mission is to help families escape poverty and homelessness through design. One household at a time.



WHY DO WE DO WHAT WE DO?
If we can change a person’s surroundings, we can change their outlook on life. Exposing children (especially) to a nurturing home environment, that includes good design and art, can inspire a standard of living that will carry-over to future generations. Exposing parents to this same environment will allow them to see the positive impact it has on their family; inspiring them to maintain a standard of living they can be proud of and thrive in.



Now let me start by saying I am not an interior designer but I love to decorate my house and I would LOVE to be a part of Dwell with Dignity. I love helping others feel good and making others happy with my God given talents or creativity! I always think about what I am going to do with my time once Emily is and Vensly are in school, if I don't homeschool them, and that day as I sat there listening to them speak about their dream they made come true and their passion for what they do I felt God was telling me I could do this....that I could be a part of this. I even thought about my photography and how really already I do it mostly for my friends and people that I know couldn't afford to pay for family pictures. That day really made me think about my creativity and my talents and that I should be using them doing His work!
I so admired those ladies that day and the things they said about why they do what they do. It brought tears to my eyes!!
I am not sure what I am supposed to do with my life once my kids aren't a "full time" job but I do know it will be all about giving back through my creativity!

Thank you Lisa and Kim for helping me hear that day! You two are amazing!

2 comments:

kk Taylor said...

Binky, Kate and I so enjoyed meeting you and your mom that glorious day. Then we got to learn so about you and your precious, amazing family. It truly was an inspiring day in ways none of us expected. XO from kk

Jessi said...

a wonderful cause and a wonderful day!