Aug 13, 2011

Happy 17th Anniversary to us!!!!


Well today we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary! Our little boys are with my mom and Taylor has been at a friends all weekend so we have only had Emily! I forgot how EASY it is with one child.....but I also realized that I LOVE my crazy, wild boys and the noise that comes with them ALL together!
We went to an indoor gun range today with some good friends....it was the first time I have ever shot a gun in my life...with the exception of a BB gun! If you know my husband then you will find that odd that I have never shot a gun....he has like a million guns! It actually was really fun and I can't wait to go back....I did better with the bigger ones....I want to hit the target EVERY TIME! Practice!!!!

We didn't exchange gifts this year but did something that I liked even better. We had to write 17 things we love about each other, 17 of our best memories together and 17 things we are excited for in our future. It was so neat to remember things that the other one had forgotten and to read the things he loves about me that I never knew!

One of my favorite things he said to me was that he is excited for our kid's futures and having them over for dinner with their own families!
I can't wait to see our BIG FAMILY picture....what a colorful portrait that will be!

17 years ago if you would have told me my family would look like it does now I would have said you are crazy but I am SO GLAD it does!

Happy 17 years baby....only 33 more until our 50th wedding anniversary party!!!!



1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Awwww! Sweet! Happy anniversary!