Aug 9, 2011

God Moments......

It all started here in Haiti in the creche with this TINY baby boy named Vensly.....little did they know in this picture that they were about to be brothers!



These were taken last year shortly after Marc met and fell in love with Vensly! This was the time that I would stalk every teams facebook page for new pictures of my new son. What's neat is somehow the team member that falls in love with your particular child seems to find you one way or the other! This precious lady found me and told me she taught V how to play peek-a-boo. These pictures show him doing it. I think he was about 18 months old here!




These were given to me in December last year and were taken by a young man that didn't know at the time what a gift he would be giving us.....
We were all packed and literally two hours away from leaving for the airport when a good friend came to our door to inform us our trip to meet our son for the very first time (my first time) was CANCELLED! I was devastated!
BUT...a team did get to go shortly after and this young man feel for V and took tons of pictures and a video of him laughing so hard...what a gift that was for us. God is so good!!!!



Through Haiti and this adoption God has brought these special people into our lives...even though we don't see them all the time and we live in different states I know they are there to pray for us or with us about anything! They are now our family! We are so blessed to be part of the BGM family and I love these guys and their families!!! (there are lots I don't have pictures of!)
These pictures were taken on our January trip to Haiti that we took with just Brent, Mike and Missy......best trip EVER!
This is Dr. Bernard and Mrs. Claudette....they will always be Vensly's grandparents in Haiti. They are amazing people!
This is Leslie and she now lives in Haiti full time....I had an instant connection with her! She is doing amazing things!




And this was a really neat "God moment" during our March trip to see Vensly.....
You can read about it here..... CLICK HERE
This is us with the beautiful Hillary from Lady A.....





With many more pictures and stories like this in between......my church family...I mean literally some of my closest friends that I feel are my family went to Haiti and spent time with V when they could......I also found out that week that my boy is 26lbs...he has almost caught up with his baby sister! :) He has gained over 10lbs in a year. Praise God......
Here are some of people that not only loved on him in Haiti for a week but will also love on him once he gets home for good!

The first picture is Kazen and his daughter Brooke, who is one of Noah's good friends and they are with their newest son and brother Betson! I can't wait for he and Vensly to both be home and have play dates!!! (They may even move into our neighborhood....yay!!)












I can't wait for the biggest God moment......our travel call! PRAY IT IS SOON!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I will pray! Can't wait!

Kuleen said...

It brings tears to my eyes to see how many people have loved and hugged on your son. As we both know, this is SO important and is going to make all the difference in the world for his adjustment when he comes home.