Aug 18, 2011

Adventures in Homeschooling.....Day 1

Ok...don't worry I won't blog about our day everyday but I do want to remember today....our very first day!

This about describes it.....



Ok...it wasn't like that the whole time with Jesse but I won't lie....he did do that a lot! He had times he really got into the work and lessons and times when he said he was just exhausted! (Not sure how when he was sleeping by 8:30 last night and has slept late all summer long...but hey...I am not six....I am sure it is exhausting! )



My favorite part of Jesse's day was when we were doing Bible and I asked him "Why should we read our Bible?" and he said "Because it's God's Holy word!" Wow...isn't he right?? That made today's struggles worth it!
I do have to say that boy is smart!

Now to my sweet Noah's day....he is a piece of cake! He did not gripe one time! Let me tell you...his curriculum is not easy either.


I am learning new things right along with him. It was so sweet to hear him read our Bible scriptures to us in his sweet little voice. When I asked him why we read the Bible he said "because it's the truth and we need to hear the truth!" What a smart boy!




I am still very excited to continue to homeschool them but I know it's not going to be easy but with prayer and patience I know I can do this and be successful at it!

2 comments:

Krista said...

You have made me think about homeschooling. For the first time in my life it feels like an option. I will keep praying about it. And YAY to a happy first day!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

You're a brave, brave momma. I wouldn't be able to do it. Good for you and good luck. :)