Jul 8, 2011

Wow! What a week! and Noah is 9!!!

First of all I would like to say Happy 9th Birthday to my sweet Noah! I can't believe you are already 9. Seems like yesterday that we were waiting for you to come home. You are such a sweet, sensitive, good boy and I am so blessed that God chose me to be your mom! I love you so very much!

Here is my sweet boy on his first birthday.....


Here is my handsome son today!


We are hoping to celebrate his birthday tomorrow by taking him to lunch at a place of his choice and to eat ice cream! We didn't get to go yesterday because Emily has been very sick since Saturday evening and I spent the day back at the doctor with her. Back up to last week....
We spent the night at Lost Pines, a resort hotel, and Emily played and swam to two days straight! She had the best time....especially in the spray park part. Then on Thursday we headed to Alabama to Marc's parents house and again Emily played hard for two days and on Saturday night developed a really bad diaper rash and then on Sunday morning woke up with fever. She was burning up! That was followed by diarrhea and later vomiting....and the diaper rash got worse! MUCH WORSE! It looked like someone had burned her with an iron! So painful!!! Monday we headed home....7 hours and 13 diapers later we were home. Tuesday morning I get her in first thing but have to see another doctor because mine wasn't in. She "sorta" examined her....told me she was slightly dehydrated....gave me a nausea medicine and sent me home. All this time fever was never really breaking....it was averaging 103. Wednesday she did better....she even was good enough for her brother to babysit her while Marc and I went to dinner with friends. She slept pretty good but that morning the fever was high again and diarrhea started back again. Something just told me I should take her back in before the weekend so Thursday afternoon we go back in....they weigh her...which by the way she hasn't eaten hardly anything since Saturday evening....the they take her temperature and it was a whoppin' 107!!!! I liked to died and the nurse couldn't believe her eyes so she redid it and still 107!!! So that started the swabbing her throat, pricking her finger, trying to bag her to get a urine sample and when that didn't work they catheterized her, took two viles of blood, got a stool sample and gave her a shot of antibiotic just in case they have missed something! Poor girl was tortured! In the meantime the doctor throws out there that she could possibly have a connective tissue disease! WHAT???

When they would come in she would scream, cry and then blow them sugars and say "Go bye bye!!!!!" She wanted out of there!!!!!!! After finding nothing...they sent us home. Still feeling uneasy with her temp of 103 we decided to take her to Texas Children's ER this morning at 4 and again after double checking everything and ruling out Kawasaki disease they have decided that it is just a nasty virus! We are still waiting for the test results of the CTD and the urine culture but they are pretty confident that it just has to run it's course! They did say she could have gotten it from the spray park from last week. I know she drank a LOT of that pool water!!!
I will tell you that yesterday and this morning I was so scared...I haven't been that scared for one of my children since Noah was her age and had his seizure. I does make me realize that on minute your child can be normal, happy and playing and the next second sick as can be!!! She is still very grouch and feverish and they say she could be for another few days and I am praying she is well SOON but I am also praising God for the healing he has done so far in her little body! So many people were praying for her and we have felt it. I was even walking out of the doctor yesterday into an empty parking lot wanting to just cry and I hear a voice call my name and it was Pawpaw (my step dad)....Emily was very happy to see him and then we all look up and our friend Tommy had walked up! He came to check on us and make sure I wasn't by myself. I can't tell you how much better they made me feel and I thanked God for such a wonderful family and friends!!!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Lesley, I'm so thankful she is ok. I will continue to pray that she gets better and soon! We love you guys!

KimCoker said...

I'm so very glad she is doing somewhat better. It made me cry knowing that I couldn't be there with you. I would have been in that car going to the doctor with you girl. I miss all of you so much. Hug Emily for me and try to get some rest. Love you all.

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

OMGosh! So scary when little ones are sick like that. I am glad she's feeling a bit better. Happy birthday to Noah.
:)

The Bridges Family said...

Thinking about you guys! Can't imagine going through what all you've been through with Emily, but you're one tough cookie. And Happy Birthday to Noah, I can not believe that he is already 9! Loves you guys

The Bridges Family said...

I can't imagine going through everything that you have been through the past week with Emily, but you're one tough cookie! And Happy Birthday to Noah, I can not believe he is already 9! Love you guys