Jul 9, 2011

Checkin' it off........

With Emily being so sick I have been in the house a LOT and will be until she is completely well so I am checkin' things off my to do list of DIY things.....

The Coffee Filter Wreath- I have wanted to do this for so long! There are tutorials all over the blog world. I made one for my mom and used hot glue.....the one I made for myself I used straight pins. You can leave the plastic wrap on the wreath or take it off....I left it on.
You can use white filters or brown....I got mine at WalMart and they had both colors. They are only like $1 a pack. I didn't even us a whole pack for one wreath.


Straight pins are easier than a glue gun but don't buy this kind of pins....they kill your fingers trying to push them through the filter! Buy the ones with the little balls on the end.

You fold the filter like this and then just glue it to the wreath.....very easy and then just keep adding around until its as full as you want it. Don't put any on the back so the wreath will lay flat!

This is the finished product! I hung it on the door but not sure how well it will hold up with rainy weather...if we ever have any! Not the asian eyes behind the glass.....

My crazy boy had to get in on the picture......

I bought a candle holder at Goodwill for .59...and I had another candle holder that I have had for a long time....so I painted both and antiqued them. The birds are from hobby lobby and were on sale for $2 each!

Since this picture one bird has already "died"....thank to Emily! LOL....

I started the photo wall going up my stairs and finally printed off our picture with some of our "family rules" on it. I am thinking that I may actually change the frames to lighter colored ones. Maybe I will paint those and see how they turn out! I was have to add it to my "to do list!"


I painted my back door on the outside black and added the "Welcome" vinyl to it. I love how it turned out!

And I finally added the vinyl wording to my laundry door!

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

You have been BUSY!!! Love the doors AND the candlesticks :) I did the wreath a few years ago for easter...I used pastel pink, green, yellow and blue cupcake wrappers. I'll have to try it with the light brown filters...LOVE!

Christy said...

Good work! Love the wreath! Kelvin and I were both sick this weekend! What's up with that? Hope Emily is better real soon!

Our Family said...

Wow! You have been very busy. I love the wreath. :) Lana