Jun 2, 2011

My Backyard Paradise...complete with a garden!

I am linking up with the DIY project parade!
The DIY Show Off
So it's not really paradise YET....but we are working on it!!!
This is what it looked like a year ago....we have done a lot of work on our backyard but still have a lot of stuff left we want to do! But for now I wanted to share with you what we have been doing for the last year!


I think it is all coming together good but there are few things I would like to do. I need to add a fireplace screen...not that you have to have it I just think they look good. They are expensive though! I did see one at goodwill today and if it's still there when I go next time I MAY get it. It was just plain black wrought iron.


This is the before picture of the outdoor kitchen. My step dad and hubby built it all by themselves in about one day! Those two can build anything!

This is the after picture.....we still need to either build doors or have them made! For now we just use burlap!


I have some hooks I want to put on the posts so that we can hang wet towels from them....


I want to paint my door another color....I was thinking black but as I said I am kind of tired of black. I would love to do it some wild color but convincing Marc is another story! (He really is good about letting me decorate the way I want to though....)
I also want to add an outdoor curtain or something over that window...it just looks bare!

I needed to add some color and I have always loved these chairs so today I just bit the bullet and bought them!
Notice the black shelf thing....yes that is my DIY....Goodwill project from a month or so ago but I already was tired of it in my entry so outside it went and now it holds towels!


I would like to put an outdoor awning over this window to "dress it up"....it just looks bear to me! I would love to find a DIY one but haven't been able to find one yet!

I have been planting lots of flowers and making pots to go around the pool....I still need to do about four more! The first two are actually house plants so let's hope they last outside in this heat.




I paid $3.99 for this red basket at Goodwill and the candle holder was one I bought at GW too and had used at Emily's party on the candy buffet. The greenary I have had FOREVER and didn't know what to do with it or where to put it but I think it looks good there! The "runner" are two place mats I used in the fall on my kitchen table.

This is another goodwill find and another project I have been doing....I paid $9.99 for this picture......

And I turned it into a chalkboard and hung it over the boy's new garden. I will probably do another one that will with stand weather so it won't ruin but for now I think it looks so cute!


The middle pot is a tomato plant and the two little ones on each side are strawberries. We haven't gotten anything from either of these YET!

These are their topsy turvy's they bought last year and we finally got around to doing them a few weeks ago and they have already doubled in size!


They love going out each morning and watering their tomatoes and strawberries and seeing if there are any new blooms on them. They have each gotten one ripe cherry tomato from their plants. We may keep adding to it and who knows...we may have a full garden one day!

4 comments:

Ryan V. said...

Wow, everything looks great! I was wondering if Jesse's birthday party was at your house or not, because I was like "wow, what a nice, fun backyard!" haha You have the perfect set up for a family full of kids! I love the different colored lawn chairs. And they did SUCH a good job building the outdoor kitchen and counter space! wow!!

Asha K. said...

Wow! It's beautiful! Happy Summer!

Christy said...

Good job! Can't wait to see it in person! Have a great weekend!

THE.PAINTED.STUDIO said...

It looks really nice. I would love to spend time by the pool, nice BBQ, and shaded area. You did a good job.