Jun 1, 2011

I am "Blacked Out"!!!!!

It's amazing how much MORE I can get done just by cutting out my computer time! (I am embarassed to say that!) I have been painting, planting flowers and doing some DIY projects that I have wanted to do for a long time.

This is the only picture I have of my black staircase so it will have to do as the before picture. Lately, I feel like everything in my house is black or brown and I am so tired of black. I am ready to brighten things up around here. So this is where I started......



This is now! I think it turned out so good! It's not perfect and I still have some touching up to do but overall I like it. Hubby came home from a fishing trip tonight and he loved it too! :)
I used a really dark brown for the hand rail and big posts and an off white for the smaller spindles. I used a glaze to antique it by wiping it with a rag until it looked like I wanted it too! This project took about three nights of working on it for about three hours. Not to bad.





Stay tuned as I get rid of more black in this house........

1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That looks great! Summer makes me want to lighten up too, but I will be drawn back to the earth tones and black again come autumn.