Mar 3, 2011

A Sad Day but HE is always in control......

This morning I was so excited to see my friend Shelly had updated her blog from China but then soon my heart sank as I saw the blog post title! I actually said a prayer before I read it......
You can read all about their trip at Hoot's Mom and see their beautiful little girl that they have waited to meet for SO long! Most of all today I ask you to say a prayer for them as they become a family of four and for the days ahead as they are going to have to have some huge adjustments! There is no doubt in my mind that God sent her to be in their family....they are going to be awesome parents to her and Hoot will be the best big brother!

Another prayer request I have is for another friend of mine that is in the adoption process for twins from Haiti. They are adorable! I actually took some pictures of them for her while we were there. Well last night she got the news that one of them had passed away after a lump had turned into a wound and even though he was being treated for it and being well taken care of God decided to take him home. My heart just breaks for this family....the birthfamily.....the caretakers....but most of all his brother! Even though they are babies they are always together....they eat together play together and sleep in the same crib together. I know he is going to miss him!

Please say a prayer for these two families....I know I have and will continue too!

3 comments:

Karen said...

my heart goes out to both families. We will be praying for both.

Sabrina said...

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to Shelly's blog...You two girls are such awesome Women of Faith, and although I don't know Shelly REALLY well, I know that as you said, God chose them for her. She will be an amazing Momma to Libbie, and I'm sure she will warm up to her in no time. Please let her know that they are in my thoughts, as well as the other family you mention in your blog!

Christy said...

It's funny, (I know that's the wrong word, but you know what I mean), when you told me about Shelly's post, I wasn't concerned about the physical stuff. I know God will provide. All I could think about was how badly Shelly wants that little girl, has prayed and prepared for her, and now Libbie won't have anything to do with her! I've been praying! And today's post is much more positive, in case you haven't read it.

As for the twins, my heart is very sad. I will pray. There is nothing else to do.