Mar 20, 2011

Love is Patient.....(but am I)????

Today I read chapter 5 in Crazy Love by Francis Chan for our small group meeting tonight and while LOTS of things jumped out at me and even made me realize that I only give God my "left overs" this really hit me too!


Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8....it is the scripture that reads....

Love is patient, Love is Kind.....you know the rest right? I think anyone that has been to a wedding probably knows this scripture or has at least heard it. BUT...have to ever REALLY read it....have you ever REALLY listened to what it is saying.

Francis Chan said he was challenged to do an exercise with that verse, the verse that has become all to familiar with people and even grown tired. With that challenge he was to put his name instead of Love! I did the same....WOW!


"Lesley" is patient and kind...."Lesley" does not envy or boast or is not arrogant or rude. "Lesley" does not insist on her own way....is not resentful or irritable....and "Lesley" does not rejoice at wrong doing but she rejoices in the truth.

"Lesley" bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things.


That is powerful....as I am not patient and not always kind. I do envy and I do boast and I can be arrogant and rude.....I love to have my own way!!!! Who doesn't??? I can resent and boy can I be irritable. The list can go on and on.......


I know after reading that scripture today in a whole new way that I am going to try to each day to ask myself if I am being patient and kind and not resenting and the rest of the things listed in that scripture!


If you haven't read Crazy Love....get it!!! It will change your life......I hope that after finishing this whole book with our small group that I am changed inside and out and not being a "lukewarm Christian" giving God my left overs!


I want to live out 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and much more!



I added this picture because I thought of a newborn and that scripture.....we give most of those things to our newborn babies....we need to give them to each other!

1 comment:

Gianna said...

How inspiring! That, of course, is one of my favorite Bible verses and has been since I was in high school. However, what a difference it makes to add my name. I have some work to do. Thank you for sharing! Good luck on your trip; can't wait to hear how the little guy is doing.