Mar 10, 2011

A Great Day and A New Tradition............

Today our family went to the airport to welcome home the Lambert's and their new little girl Libbie! She is amazing and adorable! Shelly (Libbie and Hoot's mom)has waited for this day for so long! I smile at how God has worked in her adoption story! (more on that later....I have tons of pictures but have to wait for permission to post them first!)

I also met a new blogging friend today at the airport. Do you ever meet someone and just instantly know you could be friends? That is how it was when I met Kim from Three Peanuts! She was there with her precious little girl Kate, who is also from China! More on our meeting later too....

I was reading Kim's blog and read where she buys Kate a James Avery charm for each birthday and that each one has a meaning and I suddenly knew I had to steal her idea! (sorry Kim!) So I went to their site and started looking through their 600 and something charms for one that I thought would mean something to Emily one day. I instantly thought that the cupcake one would be cute since her PARTY was all about candy and cupcakes but then I found the perfect charm for her first birthday!

This is perfect because she is OUR miracle and I want her to always know that with God you can expect miracles in your life! I intend on writing a little note explaining why I picked that charm for her and putting it in a box and then when she is old enough to wear a charm bracelet it will have charms that mean something to her and her Dad and I. Thanks Kim for the idea! :)

Speaking of birthdays....Emily turned 19 months on the 8Th and I totally forgot to blog about it! Stay tuned tomorrow for that.....

Good night!

3 comments:

shellandjim said...

What a great idea! We've been wearing a bracelet that says" Have Faith, Expect a Miracle" for over a year now since we started our "Bringing Lovely Home" adoption! Love the charm for Emily!

Christy said...

Very good idea! Just a tad bit jealous you got to see the famous Libbie and fam! ;) I'm sure they are worn smooth out! Can't wait to see your photos!

Sara said...

We do that with our girls. Juliet has been wearing hers since she was 6 months. I think Emily could wear hers also just cinch it up more. I love the expect a miracle charm!! Maybe that should be Juliet's next one. She is my miracle child.