Feb 17, 2011

What I miss.....and some good news!

We got word on Tuesday that we (our dossier) are officially in IBESR and actually got a case number! The papers Dr. B are holding in this picture is our entire dossier! It has every single thing about us in it....



For those that don't know what IBESR is here is the definition....

IBESR- This won't help much unless you speak French but what IBESR stands for is "Institut du BienEtre Social et de Recherches".
Its french for the the equivalent of the department of family and children's services, and are responsible for approving each international adoption and ensuring that the adoptive family meets criteria, that the child is eligible for adoption, and that the adoption itself is legitimate, according to Haiti's adoption legislation of 1974.
PRAY we are out quickly! This is the longest step but there have been cases where people are in and out very quickly! That is our prayer!

Now on to what I miss....most of all just Vensly himself but here are some other things.....

I miss CHEERIOS! I miss giving him numerous cheerios and him eating them like they are the best thing in the world! I miss the mess he made with them.....


I miss seeing these two little cars in his hands at all times....I miss seeing how happy two very old match box cars made his day!




I miss how when you hold him he immediately rests his head on your shoulder.....



I miss how he would light up when Marc would come in after being out all day even though he had only known his daddy a few short days! I miss how they would play and V would laugh so hard....I miss that sound of his voice. I can still hear it today if I sit quiet enough to listen.....
I miss bathing him and getting his jammies on and snuggling him before rocking him to sleep.....




I miss watching him sleep so soundly!

I miss those eyes, that face, those coos and sounds that he makes. I miss him! I pray that he has a peace in his heart knowing that we are coming back soon!

2 comments:

Christy said...

It's hard to miss someone! I pray he is home soon!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!!