Feb 2, 2011

Short term goals for my house and something I created last night.....

I have always loved the subway art pictures and the family rules pictures that I see but just can't seem to do either one myself so I thought of this last night and think it turned out pretty neat! I am going to have it printed tomorrow!

I am giving myself a month to get these things done....

We are finally moving Emily's crib out of our room and in to her own room! I don't want Vensly to come home and her feel like we just kicked her out so he could move in. He has to sleep close to us for at least 6 months to a year so he can adjust and know that we are always there. He doesn't need to wake up in a room by himself and think we left!
I will be looking for bedding for him soon to!

I want to paint this tree in Emily's room....the top picture is in Pottery Barn kids and the tree mural sales for $169 and the bottom one shown is off Etsy and it sells for $100. I am not an artist but how hard could it really be? I am going to attempt it sometime in the next week!





I have organzied my pantry already but I want some containers like these to REALLY get it all organized and help it stay that way! These are from Crate and Barrel and are $99 for the set....now I am to cheap to pay that for plastic containers so I am going to try to find them cheaper somewhere. I will let you know what I find!



I am also going to work on the gameroom....I have been talking about that for a year now! I got rid of the couch so as soon as they pick it up I can get started. I have so many ideas so I just need to narrow it down. Here are a few ideas I have.....


4 comments:

shellandjim said...

Beautiful family poster!!! I wanna learn how to make those! And, for Vensley's bedding---my son and daughter are moving and she is selling my Grandson's complete crib set in EUC condition (dark colors-green,browns, blue, with suede, cordoroy,etc,sport motive, brand name-"CoCalo Baby") for $35! She paid over $120 for the set! Even with shipping I think I could get it to you for around $40 if you are interested. And, I totally agree the "in your room for at least 6 months" so he knows you will ALWAYS BE THERE FOR HIM!!! Exactly what we are planning for Lovely!

Jackie said...

Great ideas!!! I absolutely LOVE the picture with the family rules. It looks fabulous!! I have wanted to do the family rules for a year now!!! I have to copy!!!

Christy said...

Cool! I love the rooms you found for inspiration!

Jessica said...

Love the goals!!