Feb 4, 2011

Question and Answers......Part Two

How did you get into photography?

I had never been into photography when I was younger but after I had Taylor I was always wanting to have his picture made and we were poor! Photography then was not cheap...still isn't sometimes! I usually knew exactly what I wanted and it wasn't your typical Sears pictures so the photographers that did what I liked were so expensive. I soon started thinking that I could do it myself and I took a few classes and Marc bought me my first camera and the rest is history!


What kind of camera do you use?

I use a canon Rebel most of the time when I am just taking pictures of my kids on a daily basis. I don't have any fancy lenses or flashes....just the camera and the lens that came with it. When I take pictures that are going to be framed or when I take pictures of other people I use a Canon 50D. Again, I just use the lens that came with it, which happens to be a really good one. Marc bought it for me two years ago and while I didn't think I really needed it at the time....I LOVE IT! The pictures are amazing!

Will you always be a homemaker even when your kids are all in school?

I am not sure. I would love to own my own shop one day! I already know exactly what it would have in it and what it would be named but I also know it would be expensive to start. I pray about this often and only God knows what I will do once I have more free time. I do know that I was made to be a stay at home mom and a homemaker to my husband. There is no other job in the world I would want right now.



When will Vensly be home? Why does it take so long? Is there anything anybody can do to get him home faster?

We don't know when he will be home. We are praying that it will be soon! I wish we had a timeline but we just don't. I really don't know why it takes so long. I just assume that they get around to processing the dossiers when they want to. Meaning they can sit on a desk for week or even months. Some people have gotten in and out of a step called IBESR in 5 months and some are in right now and have been in for a year! The only thing you guys can do for V and the other babies and children is PRAY! PRAY PRAY PRAY!



This is a comment I get a lot but just got again recently and I can't help but chuckle.....
Lesley...you are the strongest women I know!

While that is one of the biggest compliments I could ever get I sometimes feel it is so untrue! I don't feel strong.....I can be so insecure in something but really secure in others. I feel like I need to be stronger in my faith.
I felt so "not strong" the day I left V at the creche to come home to my blessing filled life of material things and comfort. I cried so much that day and still do when I think of him being there and me being here. I want him home so bad it hurts.
Strong is my friend whose baby girl had problems eating and having seizures and she didn't stop until she found out what was wrong when the doctors really couldn't. She didn't go anywhere without her so she could help her if needed. She put her whole life on hold for that sweet girl....and she is one of the ones that called me strong! No friend, you are the strong one!
Strong is someone like my other sweet friend that one year ago this week lost her precious little girl to a horrible disease but she still continues to pray for ME and to comfort those that need it. She and her husband are what I call strong!

No comments: