Feb 28, 2011

Marriage Monday....Love Languages!


This is one of the best books you can read as a married couple. It really can tell you exactly how to show your love for your spouse!
My love language is "quality time". Now, do I love gifts? YES! Do I love for my husband to tell me I am beautiful? YES! Do I like him to do the laundry? YES! But, most of all, I just want to spend quality time with him....sometimes just him and sometimes all of us as a family.
Here is the books definition of quality time.....

Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there–with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby–makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.


Find out what you are by taking the quiz to the right------->


Be sure not to ignore the other love languages to that your husband may do to show you he loves you. Like my husband loves to buy me stuff and surprise me. To him that is how he shows me he loves me. He does good at the quality time thing to but honestly that took some time and hard lessons. He works a lot and it took some time for him to learn that work will still be there tomorrow...that he needs to put his family first. We also learned that after God we have to put each other first. It's not always easy but we do and our children will be better for it!

My husband's love language is "words of affirmation" and I think a close runner up is "acts of service". He loves to be praised for the things he does! (he wouldn't admit it but he does!) Most me like to be told how great they are at whatever they do...rather it be work, being a husband or being a father! My husband also likes me to wait on him....like fix his plate at supper or pack his clothes when he goes on a trip. Just things like that! Honestly, I like doing it too! I am a stay at home mom so really that is part of my job.

I hope you will take the test and find out what your love language is and have your spouse do the same! It makes things somewhat easier when you are speaking each others language.

Flashback photo.....this was in 2000.... Wow...seems like forever ago!!!


Taylor was about 4 here and still an only child!

3 comments:

e-Mom said...

For sure, a great book to encourage marriages!

Did you know Chapman has written about our love languages in relation to God? "God Speaks Your Love Language" is really good too.

a.halstead said...

I love this book! It helped Brian and I get to know each other better :)

lindsay said...

I thought the quiz on "your" apology language was really interesting and helped me understand why sometimes I get irritated with how my husband apologizes-- it's not "accepting responsibility." =) Thanks for you blog Leslie.