Dec 9, 2010

Bitter Sweet......

For those of you that read my blog and are not friends with me on Facebook our trip to Haiti was cancelled due to the rioting. The guy we were going with just doesn't feel like it's safe for us to come right now. We were all sleeping the other night and didn't hear our phone so our good friend and youth pastor at our church came to our door at midnight to give us the news. I was and still am beyond disappointed! It's weird though that while I was doing last minute things before going to be it entered my mind that we weren't going so maybe in a way God was preparing me for that news! It is so bitter sweet as I am so thankful for Brent and Dr. B and that they are looking out for our safety but then I am sad for my precious baby boy that was going to get his Mommy and Daddy's undivided attention for four days. I had so many things planned for us to play, songs to sing, stories to read and lots of pictures for him to look at! I can't even bring myself to unpack our bags or backpacks. But I know He knows best and His timing is always perfect!

“We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.”

- Romans 8:28


“Trust in Him at all times, O people.”

- Psalm 62:8

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so sorry. :(

MrsKBJ said...

I am sorry! I hope things settle down there soon.