Oct 25, 2010

Sunday- I made Taco Soup for small group and we had lots of sides and desserts!

Monday- Just getting home from Austin so we are just eating what's here....which isn't much as I need to go to the store. Probably frozen pizza!

Tuesday- Monterey Jack Chicken Casserole, green beans and rolls (This is my friend Kerry's recipe and it is SO GOOD!)

1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 c sour cream
3 oz cream cheese
3 c cooked chicken (I use a routissere chicken from Kroger since it's already cooked)
3 cup cooked wild rice (1 box of Uncle Ben's wild rice original recipe)
2 1/4 c chicken broth (only to be used in place of water when making rice)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1c grated monterey jack cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
Fritos (used for topping when served or baked on top of recipe when cooking)


Directions:
Make rice according to box but substitute chicken broth for water. Pull chicken into pieces and set aside. Mix in a large bowl cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream together until blended and then add cream of mushroom soup. Pour in the rest of the ingredients and blend except the Fritos. In a 9 x 13 pan bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.Top with Fritos and serve.


Wednesday- Roast, potatoes, carrots and steamed broccoli, rolls.

Thursday- Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad.

Friday- Hopefully date night for me and hubby!

Saturday- Not sure!

1 comment:

Hoots Momma said...

Hi friend... thanks for the encouragement today:) I needed it and I LOVE the invite... I can't wait!