Sep 17, 2010

A Special Gift......all the way from Haiti.....


Not flesh of my flesh
Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart,
But in it.


That is so true! I know it's probably hard for some to understand but that is exactly how I feel about this little guy. He is my son and I can't wait to meet him. We will be going to Haiti and visit very soon. It will be one of the best trips ever but also one of the hardest as we will have to leave him. Leaving is about all he knows right now as everyone in his life leaves....from his birth parents, to the missionaries that come in, to his care takers in the orphanage, and that is what we are going to have to do too...at least once, maybe more, depending on when he gets to come home for good! He lacks that one person to hug and kiss on him ALL THE TIME! That tears my heart out now, much less when I actually have to leave him after we visit!!

PRAY for him and us!! We are hoping to get to go in October or early November.

A special friend's husband went to visit their little girl and took these pictures of Vensly. I was so happy to see him riding on that fire truck as that means he is probably walking and he looks like he's gained weight and his hair is growing!!! I think he is so beautiful and can't wait to love on him!!
My friend said when he left his daughter she was screaming and he could hear her from the 6th floor and she was on the first floor! HEART BREAKING!!!

If you have a minute, please pray for these precious children and that their paperwork is processed in record time so they can get home to their forever family!



6 comments:

Christy said...

Aww! I can't wait! I will continue to pray for divine intervention for the paperwork...that it will be processed in record time. I wish they could all come home with you. Heart wrenching for sure. Prayers and hugs.

Sabrina Bowen said...

Oh Lesley...I'm praying for you sista!!! ;) Please, please, please let's make sure we get a session in when Vensley finally comes home for good!!! I can't wait to meet your strong and courageous little man.

shellandjim said...

so well written---matching my heart perfectly tonight! Please Jesus bring our babies home soon!

Aleesa said...

He looks like he has grown since July and I love the expression in the last picture. God is so good!
I would love to be back in Haiti loving on those babies right now!!

These Are The Days said...

You make me want to adopt again! Your family is BEAUTIFUL. Adoption is amazing. :D

ange said...

Oh I remember those days of getting pictures of my kids. Keep them, they will want to see them, want to hear their story and it is VERY important to them later!