Jul 19, 2010

She's a big girl now....feeling sad....


Emily is officially weaned from nursing and the last few days that has had me feeling kind of sad. I haven't nursed her in about 10 days and really can't remember the date of the last time. Somewhere around July 7th or 8th. Why didn't I savor that moment of her being so close to me....looking up at me with the most beautiful blues eyes in the world and playing with my nose and face? It's hard to explain the feeling when you stop nursing and it's hard to explain the feeling of nursing your baby....nothing sweeter. It's the one thing that I can give her that no one else in the world can. Boy was God creative when he made our bodies capable of feeding a child. I am so blessed to have been able to give her that and for 11 months of her life. I think I gave her an excellent start to life but will miss it for a long time!! But your a big girl now sweetheart....your almost ONE!!!!!

1 comment:

Asha K. said...

Oh my goodness!! You described that so perfectly! I remember the feeling of having to stop nursing, not by choice, but because both times I became ill. I had to stop cold turkey. It was more like I was kicking and screaming all the way to store for the formula!! We don't realized how blessed we truly are to be able to provide this service (lol) to our babies. :-) Have a great day!