Apr 23, 2010

Show us Your Life...The Start of The Estes Family

Right out of high school I worked at Sears and had always worked in ladies or jewelry but heard that you could make more money working in Sporting goods because they earned commission on whatever they sold so I asked the manager if I could move to his department and he said SURE!! SO....it was my first day and I was leaning up against a table saw that was in the department across from sporting goods and this man came up to me and said "I will take two of those" so I rang him up!! Wooohoo....that was a good commission!!
There was a boy that working in lawn and garden (Sporting and Lawn and Garden were all together) and he came in and checked the receipts and saw that "his" customer came in and bought TWO table saws and he saw that it was me that sold them and lets just say he was not happy!!! He was SO competitive and I think made like a million a year just working at Sears...exaggeration of course but you get the picture!!
We didn't start out on the best of terms but over time he flirted and teased me and eventually I gave in and went out with him and the rest is history!!! Oh, I knew he kind of liked me when he started ringing sales up in my number!!! LOL!!
To back up to before that incident I knew who he was and vice versa and I thought he was arrogant and he thought I was a snob!! He also said he bet another $50 that he could get a date with me....guess he's still owed $50.
We were 19 and 20 when we got married and have been married for 16 years!!

If you would have told me that first day that he and I would be married and have four children, two which would come from Korea, I would have laughed but as we say when we makes plans that is what they are....just plans. But when God makes them then it is His will and I know that this man was in God's will for me!!!

These pictures are not in any particular order except the first few....the first one is our prom picture for his school and the second is our engagement picture!!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner
















2 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Those pictures are great!! My husband and I met my senior year of high school. It is so fun to look back at pics! :O) Have a wonderful weekend!!
Kelly

Jackie said...

This made me smile!! How cute! What a great story!