Feb 17, 2010

Thank ya Dee! Blogger Award......


I am so honored to receive an award....I have not received an award in FOREVER!!! I mean I have received a few for fast driving or that little award you get for the rolling stop you do around town but those are not good awards...LOL....those are annoying!
Well I receive a beautiful blogger award from my friend Dee...Sandra Dee as us girls on the "board" call her. Even though I have never met her in real life I know she is one of the sweetest, kind hearted, hardworking, smartest, most beautiful ladies you could ever meet! I have always considered myself blessed to call her my friend. Dee is married to "the blond bomber" as she calls him and they have decided that they are happy just being together and loving other people's children and I think that is great but I secretly think she would be an amazing mother! (no secret to her...I have told her before! ;)
Anyway, thank you Dee for nominating me....I hope I make you proud!! LOL!!


I started another blog a few years ago to show my photography and some occasional pictures of my kiddos and eventually started this one for just my family moments and ramblings. I don't know if many people even read but I love to talk about my family and things I have learned in life. Maybe something I say sometimes will touch someone or help them.


Onward to The Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself.
5. Nominate 7 bloggers.

So, I have done the first three and now the hard part....number 4. I don't know if I have more then maybe two interesting things about me but I will try!!

1. I have never wanted to be anything when I grew up, like a nurse or something, just a wife and mother. That is all I have ever wanted to do and am so blessed to be doing that now.

2. My husband still makes my heart skip a beat sometimes when I see him. I think he gets more handsome everyday.

3. Sometimes I have anxiety over really small things but I can hide it really good.

4. I don't touch any animals except dogs or cats. I fear hamsters and any other little or big animals.

5. I LOVE when all my kids are sleeping in our room that way I know we are all together in the same room safe and sound.

6. I act like I don't to tease my hubby but I love taking care of him like making his plate and doing things for him.

7. I had my life planned out since I was a little girl, how my husband was going to be, what my kids were going to look like, etc.... Some of it is how I envisioned but the best parts are the surprises He gave me. NEVER did I think I would have two precious boys from Korea and two totally miracle biological babies!

Now for my nominations.......

1. My sweet friend Christy and sometimes her husband Kelvin blog about their family and precious little girl that went to live with the Lord. There are some heart wrenching posts and some really funny ones. They are a couple that have such a strong faith and such a great marriage. Some of the things they write about each other are like something out of a movie. There writing about Emma have brought so many people together and to the Lord. They are amazing! I am blessed to know them!! (If the link doesn't work then click on the box to the right that says "I am especially fond of you".

2. Another sweet friend Sara I think she and I should have been sisters as we love a lot of the same things. She is a much better cook then me and can sew but other then that we are a lot alike. I love this girl!

3. My momma....she is the best mother ever! I don't know what I would do without her. She makes me laugh and has always made me feel so loved. Her blog is new and a work in progress.

4. This sweet lady, Asha, is a new friend of mine and fellow church member. I am so glad I found her blog as she is a really good writer and I have enjoyed getting to know her better and look forward to growing our friendship!

5. Hoot's Mom or as I call her Shelly....she is another real life friend of mine. We have just recently gotten to know each other better and now are in small group together. I love her blog....she is really funny and is about to become a fellow adoptive parent. She has a son that is in K5 and a sweet hubby!!

6. Karen is one of my closest friends and is a sweet lady that would give you the shirt off her back. We are in small group together, bunko, and go to the same church. She doesn't update her blog like she should but maybe this award will light a fire under her!!

7. This is Laura's blog and while I don't know her personally I love to read her blog and see pictures of her precious kiddos. Check it out....you will love her and her sweet family!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats!!! And thank you. You will never know how honored I am to have you as my friend. I love you and I love your family with every thing I have. You are a wonderful mother and wife.

hootsmom said...

congrats on the award. how do i accept the nomination. I am so challenged!

hootsmom said...

so I have to do these 7 things too?