Feb 8, 2010

My Goodwill Finds and goodbye to ugly silver fixtures.......

First of all when we moved in our house the bathrooms were and some still are full of silver towels rings and towel bars, silver light fixtures and silver faucets. I hate them!! They just are not my taste. Well today I decided that I have put up with them long enough so I painted them. Well just the towel ring and bar first but the faucets may be next!! They turned out really good!!
Secondly, I have been addicted to DIY blogs lately and it seems like all the amazing things they redo or accessories that I love are from Goodwill so this weekend I went to our new Goodwill store and bought the cutest little trunk for our shoes instead of our ugly shoe basket and these little wrought iron things that I decided to use as a soap dish. The trunk was $10 and the soap holders were $5. I was happy!!!






5 comments:

Asha K. said...

OMG!!! I have eyed those holders at Goodwill TWICE!!! And each time wondered what I would put in them!!! HELLOOOO. Why didn't I think of that? Thanks so much!!

Christy said...

You just bring your happy little DIY booty over here any time. I have plenty of projects. :) Yours turned out great! Score on the Goodwill finds. Check out Thrifty Decor Chick's blog. You can find the link on my sidebar. She is so clever, and very thrifty!

Lianna Knight said...

Great idea about painting the fixtures!! I think I just might try this! I have a ton of DIY blogs on my side bar now...I think I'm addicted to them too :)

Amber's Notebook said...

Your house is so cute!!

Sara said...

I love It!! I am addicited to spray paining things,so easy and quick.