Jan 24, 2010

Prayers for My Friends....

I was reading the daily scripture that is on the side of my blog and immediately thought of my friends that are preparing to have to let their little girl go home to be with the Lord this week.

"The Lord will fight for you, you only need to be still." Exodus 14:14

I know the Lord is going to carry them through this tough time just as he has helped them fight this long battle that precious Emma has fought. But, as a fellow parent my heart breaks for them so much. I wish I had the perfect words or knew what I could do to help them but nobody does. They are the most precious family and as a couple love each other deeply and have the biggest faith of anyone I know and I know they will continue to let the Lord fight for them to one day be at peace with it all.
I have barely got to spend any time with Emma but the few times I have seen her or the one time I got to hold her she is an angel on earth....blond wavy hair and fair skin and the most beautiful eyes and soon she will be an angel in heaven not hurting but playing, running, laughing and singing! I for one am blessed that she has touched my family's heart and we will never forget her!!



Please continue to pray for this family!!

1 comment:

hootsmom said...

Leslie, thank you for this encouragement. How true. we just need to be still and he will fight. powerful words